Forum OpenACS Q&A: Administrator details

Collapse
Posted by Pavel Boghita on
I have started openacs registering as admin as per the instruction with an address lets say mailto:email@domain.com
I have changed the default-master template so in the footer it displays something else.
Some of the admin pages have a index.tcl to generate the page therefore <master> isn't called;[ad_admin_owner] is used instead, which the docs say that it displays the email address of the Administrator of the site. I have changed the email address of the administrator (the only user so far) through the users administration page to mailto:emailother@otherdomain.net, but that doesn't seem to have filtered through the database, as mailto:email@domain.com is still displayed.
I have rebooted the server and restarted pgsql and the openacs service, but it still displays the old address.
Is there another way to change details about the Administrator ?

thanks

Collapse
2: Re: Administrator details (response to 1)
Posted by Pavel Boghita on
I wished this forum had the option of deleting your own posting...
Once again, the solution is very simple... All I had to do is to change the acs-kernel parameters in the site-map section.
Collapse
3: Re: Administrator details (response to 1)
Posted by Robert Locke on
No, your post shouldn't be deleted.  You asked a legitimate question and gave a good answer.

Perhaps one day your post will help someone else. =)