Forum .LRN Q&A: portlet applet package

Collapse
Posted by abbas beginner on
hello,

just need some help with the portlet packages in dotLRN

i know we need 2 but when we create the first one ie the applet package (dotlrn-blah) do we put this as a new sub folder in the applets directoy under dotlrn in the site map ?

or just under the dotlrn dir ?

thanks

Collapse
Posted by xx xx on
Try this: http://dotlrn.collaboraid.net/api-doc/proc-view?proc=dotlrn_applet::add_applet_to_dotlrn&source_p=1

Once you have implemented the applet service contract and the applet_key is added to the dotlrn_applets table, the applet will be mounted by dotlrn on restart.

Collapse
Posted by abbas beginner on
thanks aldert for that,

if i may , i just wanted to ask if there is any way of checking the dotlrn-blah package out in dotlrn before blah-portlet is implemenetd, or is there no way to see if the package actually does what its supposed to until the second package is mounted.

i just want to see if the pacakge is correct in terms of following the architecture.

thanks in advance

abbas

Collapse
Posted by xx xx on
Without the portlet, you cannot use the portal system. But other than that it is just a normal package that you can install at acs-admin/apm and mount at an URL (/dotlrn-blah) using the site-map. Then try visit the URL (/dotlrn-blah).
I may be wrong for example because the applet package is a service instead of an application, but see what happens.