Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Oracle 9i support ?

Collapse
2: Re: Oracle 9i support ? (response to 1)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Direct follow up question. We have code which generates an XML to insert into Intermedia. This is great, yet it depends on Java to create the XML.

BUT: Nowhere in the code we actually use that, so in my opinion we should remove the code and maybe make use of it in an intermedia search driver, but thats it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I am about to clean up CR to make us not dependent on Java anymore.

Collapse
4: Re: Oracle 9i support ? (response to 2)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I just saw that content_search still uses it which updates the intermedia index. Now I am slowly beginning to wonder if we should drag this out of content_repository and put it into a separate search package or if we should keep it in there. Furthermore, the only reason why we do update the attributes is when we change the cr_revision_attributes table data. But are we using that table at all? Not from the TCL API it looks like. And not really in postgresql either.

As you can see from this posting I am not very sure about how Oracle Search works and wont medle with it much, BUT it would be great if we could get the Oracle specific search features out of the content repository and into its own package. Especially when we have TCL functions that only work for Oracle as the corresponding pl/pgsql does not exist.