Forum OpenACS Q&A: File Manager

Collapse
Posted by James Bennin on
I have installed the file mangaer package on my version of OpenACS 4.6.3. I am using Red Hat Linux 8.0 and PostgreSQL 7.2. I am having some problems with the package. On the navigation bar, the main folder is the "www" folder under "/web/myservice/www". I dont if that was the only folder with files we can edit or if we could edit files/pages under other packages. I was successful in creating a new folder but when I want to add a file to the new folder, I get this error:
no value given for parameter "exception_text" to "ad_return_complaint"
    while executing
"ad_return_complaint "

• The title you supply must have one of the following extensions:
    [ad_parameter Extensions file-manager]"" invoked from within "if {![empty_string_p $title] && [empty_string_p [file ext $title]]} { ad_return_complaint "
  • The title you supply must have one of the foll..." ("uplevel" body line 26) invoked from within "uplevel { # /www/admin/file-manager/file-upload-2.tcl ad_page_contract { Process a file upload @author ron@arsdigita.com @creat..." (procedure "code::tcl::/web/service0/packages/file-manager/www/file-uplo..." line 2) invoked from within "code::tcl::$__adp_stub" invoked from within "if { [file exists $__adp_stub.tcl] } { # ensure that data source preparation procedure exists and is up-to-date adp_init tcl $__adp_stub ..." ("uplevel" body line 3) invoked from within "uplevel { if { [file exists $__adp_stub.tcl] } { # ensure that data source preparation procedure exists and is up-to-date adp_init t..." (procedure "adp_prepare" line 2) invoked from within "adp_prepare " (procedure "template::adp_parse" line 30) invoked from within "template::adp_parse [file root [ad_conn file]] {}" (procedure "adp_parse_ad_conn_file" line 7) invoked from within "$handler" ("uplevel" body line 2) invoked from within "uplevel $code" invoked from within "ad_try { $handler } ad_script_abort val { # do nothing }" invoked from within "rp_serve_concrete_file [ad_conn file]" (procedure "rp_serve_abstract_file" line 60) invoked from within "rp_serve_abstract_file "$root/$path"" ("uplevel" body line 2) invoked from within "uplevel $code" invoked from within "ad_try { rp_serve_abstract_file "$root/$path" set tcl_url2file([ad_conn url]) [ad_conn file] set tcl_url2path_info([ad_conn url]) [ad_conn path_inf..."
  • Could you tell me what is wrong with this picture. I also tried to edit a file I have stored under the "www" folder. After modifying, and filling out the comment box, when I click "commit" this is what I get:
    We had some problems processing your entry:

* You must supply a value for file_content
        * You must supply a value for path
        * You must supply a value for message

Please back up using your browser, correct them, and resubmit your entry.

Thank you. 

So what is going wrong. Am I not using this package correctly or are these known problems? Thank you for your help
    Collapse
    2: Re: File Manager (response to 1)
    Posted by Ronald Haynes on
    James - I had a similar problem and, after some trials and searching found a bug report at: <https://openacs.org/bugtracker/openacs/com/file-manager/bug?bug_number=28>.

To correct it, you can download updated code from the CVS server (guidelines are at <https://openacs.org/4/checkout> and put it in place by hand (command line or file manager).

From there, I updated the files in the Package Manager (and remounted in Site Map ... probably a bit of overkill).  Anyway, it now works.  Hope this will help you, too!