Forum OpenACS Improvement Proposals (TIPs): Call for Full Vote

Collapse
7: Call for Full Vote (response to 1)
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
Okay, we have a Provisional OpenACS Core Team. Now they need a mutually agreed upon way to function. So I'm calling for a full vote by the OCT (not the committers) to approve the process by which the OCT votes. This is a bit recursive, so here are my suggestions:
  • If at least four of the Provisional OCT post "Approved" in this forum in the next week, I'll change the TIP status to "Approved".
  • If not, perhaps the Provisional OCT should arrange an online meeting to they figure out how they're going to function for the next month.
  • TIP 2 could be replaced with a new long-term process if we so chose
  • It would be nice if our TIP format was standard, if we were all happy with the name, if we had a nice automatic processing and formatting web site, etc. Are any of these issues serious enough to block adoption of this process while we work them out? What are the consequences that TIPs from August 2003 don't follow the ultimate format? (Note that the TCL tip renderer is an Alpha-quality sourceforge project, and the home page says "I don't intend to release it until we get the TIP format actually standardised.")