Forum .LRN Q&A: dotLRN Spanish Translation example sites...

Could any one point me to a dotLRN site that has been translated to spanish??  I did an independent dotlrn translation, I know you would think its like re-inventing the wheel, but its also really useful if you want to learn how does dotLRN work from the inside.  Either way, Id like to compare my work to that of the "standard translation" sites, to see how well am I doing. Thanks in advance!!

Windell.

Collapse
Posted by Jarkko Laine on
Windell,

Just use the translation server (http://translate.dotlrn.collaboraid.net) and set the locale to Spanish.

Collapse
Posted by Windell Dubois on
I just went in, but unfortunately, I couldnt check the admin portion of the site, which Im guessing, wasnt translated.  I also noticed that the "Calendar" (or "My Calendar", it just slipped my mind) and "My Files" links werent translated.  I would like to propose to make individual .gif images for options such as "Join", "Request", and "Drop".  I also found a "New" .gif image option when I was doing my independent translation. I made such images in my own dotLRN instance, so everything would look properly translated.

Thanks for the tip Jarkko!!!

Windell.

Collapse
Posted by Jarkko Laine on
I think most translations use just textual links instead of images in those places.

Send mail to Peter @ Collaboraid and ask for more permissions on the server so you can take a closer look at other parts of dotLRN.