Forum OpenACS Q&A: how to customize look and feel of etp?

How do I customize the look and feel of an ETP instance. I want different etp instances to use different master templates for example.

I can create a subsite and specify a different master for that subsite and then mounted ETPs on that subsite will use the new master.

But is there a way to do it where I can mount an etp at the following URL:

/students/year1

and then create directory  /web/domain/www/students/year1 and put a etp-master.adp in there and that will be used in favour of the one in /web/domain/packages/edit-this-page/www/

I have being experimenting with this but can't get it to work.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
David,

Currectly the way to do that is to create a new ETP "application" and corresponding templates, and use that application for your new ETP instance.

Collapse
Posted by David Cotter on
Thanks Dave,

I'm not sure what you mean by "corresponding templates" do I somehow make a seperate copy of the templates.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
You could copy the templates from an existing application and use those as a base to customize them. Each ETP application has an index template and a content template. You could create a different index and content template for each application that uses a different master template.
Collapse
Oh you mean copy the application as in

cp -r edit-this-page/* etp2/

and create a whole new application. I will give this a try thanks.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
No :)

Read the ETP documentation. And ETP application is a set of templates. Look in edit-this-page/templates and you will see article-index.adp article-content.adp etc.

Each index/content pair is an application. The applications are defined in etp-init.tcl.

If you define a new application "year1" you could apply the year1 application to the etp instance mounted at students/year1.

Collapse
Thanks Dave,

I think I have what you're saying now.