Forum OpenACS Development: Re: WARNING: site_node::get_children returns incorrect result set

The argument could be made by some that returning the passed node is not a bug. It is to me, but... Anyhow, I've logged bugs, posted patches, and made announcements and there doesn't seem to be much (if any) interest. At least nobody's said anything yet...

Yes, I'm deleting subsites. However, it's not limited to that scope. You can feed it any site node and it will clean up beneath that point.

I don't have (unrealistic) high hopes that removing nodes already populated with user data will be a snap. Not from what I've seen so far of packages cleaning up without RI violations.

If you disregard the complexities of cleaning up data and assume the package writer has done it right, the code to delete a subsite is fairly simple and straightforward.

I placed a file in the openacs storage area for you at https://openacs.org/storage/download/site-tree-delete.tcl?version_id=120452.

You'll see some hacks in there. There's a particularly ugly one that compensates for a kernel bug. Yes, I posted a patch, but it's no less ugly.