Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: New Install from Head does not allow login

Collapse
Posted by Brad Ford on
Finally got around to revisiting this. I did a fresh update from HEAD and installed. I entered mailto:admin@stratamatters.com as email and Brad as username on the install.

Following Lars' requests:

Yes it prompts for email - enter email address and password and get 'unknown username'. Still asking for email - if you enter the username it comes up 'unknown email'

sql query results:

users table
user_id authority_id username screen_name priv_name priv_email
0                    guest                0          5
405    9            Brad                0          5

parties table
party_id      email                    url
405            mailto:admin@stratamatters.com

Looking at the log, I can see that it's querying the users table but has the username all lowercase i.e. select user_id from users where username='brad' and authority_id=9

I tried that query in psql and came up 0 rows returned - if I change username to 'Brad', I get the user_id 405 returned.

I guess next step for me is to dig into auth::authenticate and what-not. Guess there's no better time than the present to get my feet wet looking at tcl code...

In the meantime, you can see this bug live at 24.87.20.202:8888 - I'll leave the install up for today.

Lars, if I can't figure out anything with auth procs, would it help if I let you ssh into my server and poke around?