Forum OpenACS Development: Error in xowiki::Form

Collapse
Posted by Matthew Dodwell on
I'm experimenting with the new features in xowiki of ::FormPage and running into a problem when selecting "Entries in this form" after successfully creating an entry via a FormPage. The template is defined as @_name@ only.

The error I get is;

Error in includelet 'form-usages':

unknown argument '_name' for method 'create_form_field': valid arguments {-cr_field_spec {}} {-field_spec {}} field_name
while executing
"::xotcl::interpretNonpositionalArgs $args"
(procedure "create_form_field" line 2)
::1430 ::xowiki::Page->create_form_field
invoked from within
"$form_item create_form_field -name $spec_name -slot [$form_item find_slot $varname] -spec $cr_field_spec,$short_spec"
("_*" arm line 6)
invoked from within
"switch -glob -- $spec_name {
__* {error not_allowed}
_* {
set varname [string range $spec_name 1 end]
if {![info e..."
(procedure "render" line 47)
::xotcl::__#M ::xowiki::includelet::form-usages->render
invoked from within
"$page render"

I'm using 0.80 versions of xowiki and xotcl-core

I see a similar error in the demo site when selecting collected values from 060/slides page 3.2 New Form Features (1/2) (http://alice.wu-wien.ac.at:8000/xowiki-demo/l1?m=list)

Cheers
Matthew

Collapse
2: Re: Error in xowiki::Form (response to 1)
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Matthew,

the "stable" version of xowiki is in the oacs-5-3 branch, the current development branch is in cvs head, and it changes typically several times a week. So, the head version is a moving target.

The xowiki-demo examples mentioned above are written for the version in oacs-5-3. however, i have recently updated alice to the head version, and fixed the naming problem you discovered. The updated version is in CVS head.

best regards
-gustaf neumann

Collapse
3: Re: Error in xowiki::Form (response to 2)
Posted by Matthew Dodwell on
Gustaf,

As always many thanks.

cheers
Matthew