Forum OpenACS Development: Re: New linux distribution to replace defunct RedHat consumer?

Mark,

You must have just received your notification, as I did, that RH is discontinuing support for 7 & 8 on December 31st, and 9 in April of next year... in favor of their enterprise product support services. I was just about to pose the same question.

I liked knowing that a group of commercially-motivated folks were watching after security and stability, and provided a no-brainer means to keep current with up2date. I know lots of folks can't see paying for this service since it's all free software. But I got more than my $5 worth of peace-of-mind each month.

So, which distro(s) provides a no-brainer way of keeping current with security patches, and also provides a reasonably timely distribution channel for new and modified packakages/applications?

I don't see this thread as a "my distro is better than yours" war. As for me, I'm interested in:

1) a no-brainer way of keeping current with security patches, and

2) a reasonably timely distribution channel for new and modified packakages/applications