Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Versioning and other details in package .info files

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
The multistep requires should not be there - did you generate these through the APM?  I've not seen this before.  Having them there will just slow down the resolution of dependencies when the APM goes to load the package on user sites and while I sped it up tremendously over the summer, there's no reason to needlessly slow it down!

The CVS problem (no write perms) crops up on occasion and I don't think any of us has figured out why.  It's annoying.

Collapse
Posted by Jeff Davis on
The files which are checkout out without write permissions correspond to files that were watched (thats what I think anyway) you can look in the repository at the CVS/fileattr and you will find the filename in there. As for why any watches ever get created...I don't know. Oh, the CVS dir name is used since CVS could never exist in a CVS checkout except as a CVS control directory so is used in the repository as the magic state dir for watches.

In this case, it looks like simonc created a watch but I am not entirely sure of that.

$ls -l  packages/acs-authentication/CVS
total 4
-rw-rw-r--    1 simonc   cvs            47 Aug 22 06:55 fileattr

$ cat  packages/acs-authentication/CVS/fileattr
Facs-authentication.info        _watched=
D       _watched=
Anyway, I think we could nuke all these fileattr files and the problem would go away but I wish I knew why they got created in the first place.