Forum OpenACS Development: Re: 4.6.3 upgrade to 5-HEAD: final results

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Our plan is to modify the bootstrapper to look for upgrade Tcl scripts and run them.  The idea is we can write such scripts to take whatever custom steps are necessary to get a minimal functioning system up and running again - one that you can log into as the sysadmin then run APM upgrades normally.

Of course with luck this will be the last release that needs such a kludge to upgrade successfully :)

Collapse
Posted by Dirk Gomez on
I don't find the list of manual to-dos too daunting. An Oracle upgrade is way more intricate :) Can you detail the steps you had to take for the packages? - We should address every single issue.

What about templates? The templating system behaviour has changed and I haven't yet seen any mention of noquote woes.

Collapse
Posted by Andrei Popov on
Well, it is not daunting, but the system you get needs a lot of baby-sitting if you wish...  For one, I cannot seem to be able to upgrade sub-site easily -- will most likely have to try and replicate a setup from another 5 instance.

Also, this is a very small instance -- only a few applications are used and there are only a few users.  Not sure what would be the impact if one were to move openacs.org...