Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Help Section in .LRN

Collapse
2: Re: Help Section in .LRN (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Thanks! This looks great. Very comprehensive.

I think these items can be easily implemented with the new template procedures that allow adding headers and footers to a page, along with the existing user message feature, and current embedded form help. We just need someone to write the help text!

Also for a "help" section, I have been thinking that using the existing /doc/ directory makes the most sense. It is already there and allows a consistent place to store package specific documentation.

Collapse
3: Re: Help Section in .LRN (response to 2)
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi Dave,

I think these items can be easily implemented with the new template procedures that allow adding headers and footers to a page, along with the existing user message feature, and current embedded form help.

Exactly. That's what we want to use :).

We just need someone to write the help text!

This study was the first step. Next ones will be:

- Choose a HTML implementation for embedded form help that's compliant with WCAG
- Identify forms, pages and portlets that need help
- Write the help (in english first)
- Implement it
- Translations

For the help section, we'd rather put it in "/help", sounds more intuitive. The other reason is that despite that the official doc will be now in the wiki, IMO the "/doc" location should be reserved for the package technical documentation. I wouldn't put user help and tech doc in the same place.

And speaking of help, any help would be appreciate when the implementation step comes :).

Collapse
Posted by Raúl Morales Hidalgo on
I'm willing to help in anything, this will be a great addition to .lrn :)