Forum OpenACS Development: Re: cvs woes

Collapse
24: Re: cvs woes (response to 22)
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
Yes, the special behavior of vendor branches is as you decribe. I never really dug into why or how CVS does implements that, but that's the behavior I remember always seeing.

Also, I've never used cvsgraph nor gone over how CVS treats branch revision numbers with a fine toothed come, but what you're describing there sounds normal to me, Tammy.

Ugh. I have to stop thinking about this... that is the solution!!!

:) It is rather ironic that in this case, had you been completely clueless and just ignored everything, you'd never have noticed the mistake in your cvs import command, you never would have suspected any problems at all, and everything, coincidentally, would have been fine!

Collapse
26: Re: cvs woes (response to 24)
Posted by tammy m on

:) It is rather ironic that in this case, had you been completely clueless and just ignored everything, ... everything would have been fine!

Doh!

That didn't escape me, Andrew. Thanks for bringing it up! I just felt my stomache sink as I realized the import command was wrong after I hit return and watched the output whiz by. Shoulda read it more clearly and not totally panicked, aye? Thanks for setting my head straight again, feels much better that way:)