Forum OpenACS Development: Test install prerelease 5.4.2 on oracle

I tested install 5.4.2 on oracle oacs-core packages and I saw this errors:

-Install packages:
Error on install only for oracle 10G
create index cr_doc_filter_index on cr_doc_filter ( content )
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-29918: cannot create domain indexes on temporary tables
Comment created.

-Run test:
only fail testcase id: datamodel_named_constraints. Show 122 failed constraints with invalid names.

-Aplication-test:

-Search is ok, schedule procs don't run if driver isn't installed.

-Intermedia-driver:

-Install intermedia-driver for oracle could replace FtsEngineDriver search parameter to intermedia-driver.
    -load-site-wide-search doesn't install. Solutions:
               - Add to last line "exit;" to:
                  M search-packages-drop.sql
                  M search-sc-drop.sql
                    M search-tables-drop.sql
            - File search-tables-create.sql: Table site_wide_index have a reference to dotlrn_communities_all in community_id column
        - File search-index-create.sql:
            - swi_index is created two times -> comment one

< create index swi_index on site_wide_index (indexed_content)
                    < indextype is ctxsys.context parameters ('datastore ctxsys.default_datastore memory 250M');

> --create index swi_index on site_wide_index (indexed_content)
                    > --indextype is ctxsys.context parameters ('datastore ctxsys.default_datastore memory 250M');
            -sws_user_proc_<user> doesn't exist --> add ctxsys.
                    <  ctx_ddl.set_attribute('sws_user_datastore', 'procedure', 'sws_user_proc_&1');

>  ctx_ddl.set_attribute('sws_user_datastore', 'procedure', 'ctxsys.sws_user_proc_&1');

-File search-index-drop.sql: Indexes are dropped by PL/SQL comment index drop:

< drop index swi_ctx_index;

> --drop index swi_ctx_index;
        -File search-packages-create.sql: sws_user_datastore_proc is created by user. Grant execute to ctxsys.
                    > grant execute on sws_user_datastore_proc to ctxsys;

One thing left for me to is testing the upgrade from 5.3.2 to 5.4.2 for catalog upgrade.

Collapse
Posted by Mario Aguado on
one error more for postgreSQL and Oracle

File search/www/admin/index.tcl have a query with cr_news and it's add when install new package.

db_1row get_news {select count(*) as count_news from acs_objects, cr_items, cr_news where news_id=live_revision and object_id=live_revision and object_type in ('news')}

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
I fixed all these. I removed some of the files that are unused.
Collapse
Upgrade catalog is ok. Now, it doesn't replace keys.
Collapse
Posted by Victor Guerra on
Good to know about the catalogs.. thanks for testing it!
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
only fail testcase id: datamodel_named_constraints. Show 122 failed constraints with invalid names.
Right, this one's known and until someone steps forward to fix them, ignored.

It's not that big a deal, the contraint naming convention makes it a lot easier to figure out which table and column are the source of the error, but even non-conforming names are a lot better than an unnamed constraint (and the resulting non-useful tag used by Oracle when it reports the error).

Collapse
Posted by Brian Fenton on
Hi,

I'm getting this "ORA-29918: cannot create domain indexes on temporary tables" error too. Dave, can you remember what the fix was at the time?

thanks
Brian

Collapse
Hello Brian, I think, it is fixed on 5.4.2

The problem is 10.2 oracle release with temporary tables and clob columns.

You should drop the index for import or upgrade to 10.2 release.

Collapse
Hola Mario!

thanks but I'm a little confused - that diff you linked to shows the index and temporary table removed - is that the fix? Do we not need the index and temporary table?

Oracle recommend changing the temporary table to a permanent one, or creating a different type of index.

thanks
Brian

Collapse
Hi Brian,

The diff is the fix. openacs doesn't need these temporary tables now.

If you need it you can drop the index and should be work. The problem is index in temporary tables for LOB datatype. Other index works.

Collapse
Ah ok, I understand now. Thanks for explaining.

My problem is I'm upgrading a very old OpenACS (version 4.7 I think) to use 10g database, so I get the error when I run an import.

Gracias!

Brian

Collapse
you should drop the index only and export again. The problem could be search then. Sorry by I don't know intermedia tool.