Forum OpenACS Q&A: creating a class object page

Collapse
Posted by Matthew Smith on
I am trying to create a simple class page. I found an example in another thread, but can not get it to work. I have created a new page and put this code in it:
------------------------------------------------------------
{proc content {} {

return {Hello [[Wiki]]-World}

} } text/html

------------------------------------------------------------

However when trying to save it i get:
The attribute 'class' is not allowed for span tags

I know I am doing it completely wrong. How do I go about proprely creating a class page?

Collapse
Posted by Matthew Smith on
ok, I've gotten a little further. I have cerated a page called "cgi" which contains the following code:
----------------------------------------------------------
set somevar 100

proc content {} {
return {Hello [ Wiki ] -World}
}

----------------------------------------------------------
To make the link to the page that would let me add the code, I had to put "de" into the link, such as:
[[de:cgi]]

What does the "de" mean?

Also, I have tried to include the cgi page in another with this code:
{{cgi}}

I have also tried:
{{en:cgi}}
(not sure what the "en" means.

However in both cases I get this:
Error: includelet 'cgi' unknown

Thanks for any help.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
de = deutch (german) en = english

Standard ISO abbreviations for language ...

As to why xowiki will only return content if you specify de in this case, it's probably because it's written by an Austrian :)

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Most likely, you were following the XOWiki documentation http://media.wu-wien.ac.at/download/xowiki-doc/#xowiki-object which suggests to name the object "de:cgi".

"de" is the language prefix (see http://alice.wu-wien.ac.at:8000/xowiki-doc/#intra-wiki-links)
language prefixes are used to provide content in multiple languages. If in a page reference a language prefix is omitted, it is completed from a default (either from the referring page, or the language locale of the browser, depending on a configuration flag). In any case, one can use the name with the explicit language prefix.