Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Awesome 5.0 SW Install - Almost Works!

Collapse
Posted by Randy O'Meara on
Walter,

Lars did a "one time" build (dated above) of the repository. As far as I know, the repository is not being rebuilt, though it's probably time to set this up. I, for one, would like to use the install-from-repository feature. In fact, I do use it for quick looks at packages and then do a regular CVS co if I want to work with the package.

Lars?

Randy

Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
Yeah.

At a minimum, we need to build the repository on every release, e.g. 5.0.0, 5.0.1, etc.

Alternatively, we can auto-build it every night, although if you're not on a release (and we don't have one yet), you shouldn't be using repository-install.

And if you are on a release, then the contents of the repository will only change when the next release.

/Lars

Collapse
Posted by Jeff Davis on
I rebuilt the repository yesterday against the openacs-5-0-0b4 tag so automated installs should work a little better now. (although the back button still messes up the checkboxes for me as well and missing dependents means you have to back and untick instead of just having the option of going forward without the packages whose dependencies are not satisfied).