I went to a meeting at Sloan today. The meeting decided that .LRN wants to decouple the release of 2.0 from OACS 5.0.
Based on what happened in the meeting I believe that the .LRN community will eventually provide/fund upgrade scripts. No specific time was set and I don't think it will be complete for oracle and postgres and tested next week or two.
Although I think tested upgrade scripts for all modules are desirable and important for OACS in general I feel there are also important benefits for releasing 5.0 for new sites. Indeed, even in the .LRN meeting it was considered that the .LRN governance structure might decide to they don't want to hold the release of 2.0 for upgrade scripts so new sites can launch with 2.0. However, as of now no such decision has yet been made.
Thus think its better for both existing OACS users and .LRN if we are clear that we don't have the scripts yet, nor can we make a good risk free estimate as to when we will have tested scripts. This will allow the .LRN governance structure to plan accordingly.