Forum OpenACS Q&A: HTMLDOC Installation Problem on AIX!!

Hello All,

I have been trying to install htmldoc-1.8.23 utility on AIX 4.3.3 and have the following problem. If any of you can suggest some way out of this, I will be thankful.

I had to perform the following operations for installation:
1. After untarring the compressed installer, I had to go to png directory, and edit png.h file for exact path of zlib as it was unable to locate zlib while installation.

2. Then in htmldoc directory, I had to edit ps-pdf.cxx file to reflect the zlib directory as it could not locate zlib again.

After this step the compilation process goes fine and this is the linker error I get:
Making all in jpeg...                                                                                                               
/tmp/htmldoc/htmldoc-1.8.23/jpeg                                                                                                    
Target "all" is up to date.                                                                                                         
Making all in png...                                                                                                                
/tmp/htmldoc/htmldoc-1.8.23/png                                                                                                     
Target "all" is up to date.                                                                                                         
Making all in htmldoc...                                                                                                            
/tmp/htmldoc/htmldoc-1.8.23/htmldoc                                                                                                 
Compiling ps-pdf.cxx...                                                                                                             
Compiling rc4.c...                                                                                                                  
Compiling snprintf.c...                                                                                                             
Compiling string.c...                                                                                                               
Compiling toc.cxx...                                                                                                                
Compiling util.cxx...                                                                                                               
Linking htmldoc...                                                                                                                  
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__fixsfsi                                                                                    

ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.                                                      
make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 8.              

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciates.

Thanks,

Nilesh