Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Adding every conceivable feature to the Calendar package

I am the lead developer of Web Services over at Brandeis, and I oversaw (and did) much of the programming for the new calendar. I have posted 2 tarballs for you to grab at your leisure.

The first file contains the libraries used for btime: btime-libs.tar.gz

The second contains all of the views, acl pages, and type managment: btime-views.tar.gz

This version is a combination of the features that we liked from the original ACS calendar, and Oracle calendar. We implemented ACL's which are access contols to allow users/groups to create and/or view events on another user's/group's calendar. The plans for the next version are to tighten this up a bit, and bring the model closer to that of Oracle calendar

Location is linked to buildings on our campus map (Go There) so you can probably ignore it, or would have to rework it somehow.

If you have any questions or suggesstions I would be happy to get involved and to hear ways to make make things work better!

Thanks Aaron,

Sorry for the very terse request.

I really liked the design particularily the way some features go unnoticed unless the user is looking for it (like indenting the current time in the Day View). Also it looks just as good on a bigger screen as it does on a 14" laptop.

However I cannot download btime-libs.tar.gz
There are no spelling error in the link.

Nagita

Hey, thanks a lot. I'll lift as much as possible for OpenACS' calendar.