Forum OpenACS Development: [ACS on Win]Problem with TCL interpreter or config file

Hello you!!!

I'm a newbee and this is my first thread...

I'm installing (or trying so) OpenACS on Windows, and everything that goes with it like AOLserver and PostgreSQL.

The main problem found chacking the guide on is http://www.friendlybits.com/en/inf_tec_en/win32openacs_en/: I can't launch the interpreter TCL... I think ;)
As I launch the scipt run_openacs.bat all I see is a flash of dos shell and then nothing.
I tried to insert a "pause" in the script and descovered that it's aneble to run the config.tcl file.

Actually, the config.tcl file seems to be writen for a unix machine and not for windows.

Have you got some samples of the config.tcl for windows?

Any kind of help would be appreciated...

Hi Andrea,

The config.tcl file used by the run_openacs.bat should be ok.

In order to help you, we might need more information about the error you are getting. If you can run the "run_openacs.bat" file from the command line window (go to Start > Run > type 'cmd' and you will get it > type 'cd c:\aolserver' > type 'run_openacs.bat') instead of double clicking it, so you can get some feedback from Aolserver and let us know what it says.

Hello there,
from what you wrote I believe you did not perform step 4 of the installation instructions, i.e.:

Add the following folders to your PATH environment variable:
“C:\aolserver\bin”
“C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\bin” (or any other place where you have installed the Postgresql commands).

Hope it helps,
Maurizio

All that happens is: Unable to run this programm.

I had done the installation from my account which is administrator. During the installation I was asked to create an account named postgres. Do I have to run the BAT only with that account???

Later I’ll try.

Ps. I had to translate from the italian “Impossibile eseguire il programma specificato.”

Try to run this from the command line:

c:\aolserver\bin\nsd.exe -V

If you get the same message, double check that you have installed the VC++ Redistributable Version 2008 and not the 2005 ( http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en )