Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: where to get PostgreSQL 7.4.1 rpm?

Collapse
Posted by Lamar Owen on
The Red Hat 7.3 RPMset is not yet ready, but I have Fedora Core 1, RHEL3, and Aurora 1.0 binaries built and uploaded to ftp.postgresql.org.  The source RPM is at ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v7.4.1/SRPMS/postgresql-7.4.1-1PGDG.src.rpm

Sander Steffann builds the RHL 7.3 packages; I have notified him of the source RPM availability, and he will get to it when he can get to it.  Since he is in Europe I expect him to get it by Monday morning; although he's pretty good at getting things done quickly.  I no longer have a RHL 7.3 box to do the builds on.

My apologies for the delay; the holidays plus vacation plus going back to work plus finding out that my wife and I are having our fifth child kindof took the front burner, and building RPMs took the back.

Collapse
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
On the contrary, thank you very much for doing this in such a reasonably timely fashion!
Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Not to forget: Congratulations to your fifth child!
Collapse
Well the Red Hat 7.3 rpms appear to by on the primary PostgreSQL ftp server since Jan. 9, but that server is almost impossible to conect to, it's always "too busy", and none of the US or Canadian mirrors have those files! Anybody know why? Are these available for download anywhere else?
Collapse
Downloading the PostgreSQL 7.4.2 rpms for Red Hat 7.3 now seems to work fine. Whatever the problem was with the Postgres FTP server before, it's gone now. Btw, the following wget command is handy for just yanking down all 10 or 12 rpms at once, and is idempotent (you can re-run it many times if necessary):

wget -r -c -l2 --no-parent -A.rpm ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v7.4.2/redhat/redhat-7.3