Forum OpenACS Development: No design

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Just a thought...

There is a design style, called "minimal" Effectively the basic OACS presentation fit's into that category, but lacks 1 simple feature. I just created this page in ETP, using basic html http://3iii.mine.nu/timedesk/etn/index. I know it's not perfect, but, if I would have control over the header, ie. background color, font type, font size and horizontal line style, Oacs would be perfect as a minimal design web tool.

Page background color and other features can allready be controled from the paramater section, so my question is ... Could we have a page header paramater feature included?

This would offer newbies at least a simple way to create an attractive look and feel, without the need to be familiar with CCS and templatting. The current .18 Times Roman headers realy look shit if you ask me, and there's no reason for that display.

greetings from Tulip country

Ben

Collapse
2: Re: No design (response to 1)
Posted by Ben Koot on
Oops forgot the most important feature...
"Hide header" The header text is displayed in deafault fontsize from the database display anyway, so if I don't want to "shout' this would be very usefull.

Thanks and I hope it's not rocket science I am asking 😉

Ben

Collapse
3: Re: No design (response to 1)
Posted by Ben Koot on
Some more thoughts on etp...

Although the package curently is pretty basic, a simple change in code could greatly increase the presentation value if the display features of Wimpypoint would be integrated. I can't imagine that's to complicated. I also doubt many people will regard Wimpy as an alternative to powepoint bloatware, as was once intended by Phil. So why not cut & paste the code together?

cheers
Ben