Forum .LRN Q&A: Proposal to evaluation comments: allow html and/or upload a file

Some teachers have asked me to resize the comment textarea in evaluation, in order to write a big explanation of the student grade.

Some others have asked me to allow writing html, in order to improve the reading of some comments, where there is a large text (default value is 400 chars), but html is not allowed. I tried to use Xinha as comment editor.

I'd like to know if does it make sense to have "enhance comments" on evaluation package.

On the other hand, some teachers have tried to publish not only a generic solution but a specific one to each student answer. So they are using comments this way, but... Does it make sense to allow teachers uploading a "correction" file?

Miguel, these requests makes a lot of sense, will be great additions to the package, please go ahead. Try to contribute it back! Xinha on comments is very good, although at the interface you might better offer an special button that launches the editor in a pop-up window, because having xinha for each comment box might clutter too much. Also you might consider using a lighter version of xinha, with reduced functionality. Attach files is also a good option.
Hi Miguel,

If you eventually contribute this back, please take into account that, in term of accessibility, pop-ups are not recommended and xinha can't be used but this one can be turned off.

If you can't avoid using pop-ups, this article may help to do it as accessible as possible: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/popuplinks

I don't like popups, really! but in order to allow a better user experience, I think here it makes sense. Of course, it could be done also on a normal page first, and then allow pop up (not necessarily a new window but a div) for web2.0 people...

I'm not sure I could do all the stuff, but I can make some screenshots of exactly what I'm thinking of and claim for help :) Maybe I could work together with Rocael.

Thanks for the link.