Forum OpenACS Q&A: could this irc log of a templating and data source tutorial session be used in the docs?

Do you want to keep hosting it and have a link from the docs?
I would recommend staying on the #openacs channel when you are discussing something that might be of interest for the community at large.

As you might know eavesdrop logs #openacs. Logs are available from https://openacs.org/irc/log/ and they are also searchable.

/Bart

Joel,

No, I was thinking more along the lines of cutting it apart and putting the pieces in appropriate places? maybe to faq lists?

What it does overall, is show two templating mechanisms (plain @var@ substitution, use of multirow) while showing where to get info from the docs, with the idea that someone could read it, follow by doing what is described and finally looking back at the pointers for more info and learn the other tags and their corresponding tcl api functions.

Bart,

the reason I posted to the boards was precisely to float this to the community at large :) people can get the url from the irc channel /topic and then comment onto this (and the other) forum posting. I've let people know it's on my site for the past year or so; some people wanted to use it, I think I gave them all the url to them; dunno what any of them did so far.

-Jim