Forum OpenACS Development: Bookmarks Navbar enabled

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I added navbar support to bookmarks instead of the [ | | | ] links at the top. Before I commit, I wanted to get some feedback if others like this navigation as much as I do and consider it an improvement over other things we use. If yes, I will commit, if not, you can ask me for the code if you are a sole seeker.

See http://www.sussdorff.de/bookmarks (with group-master.adp) and http://www.sussdorff.de/asc/bookmarks/ (with default-master.adp).

Uhoh... Just realized: Bookmarks is not subsite aware.... Or I broke something when adding the navigation. Peter, can you enlighten me if bookmarks is supposed to keep a distinct set of bookmarks for each package_id ?

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Love it! How would one add that to one's own package?
Collapse
Adding this manually to your own package is easy:

Create a <yourpackage>-header file and include this in all your pages (it works easier that way).

Within the header file include something like this:

<div id="subnavbar-div">
<div id="subnavbar-container">
  <div id="subnavbar">
  <div class="tab">
    <a href=index>My Bookmarks</a>
  </div>
  </div>
</div>
</div>

where the tab is My Bookmarks. Obviously you can add more tabs in the subnavbar area. In addition to that you can even work with selected tabs (this is how my ETP enhancement works). I was too lazy to add the active tab function to my bookmarks header for the time beeing, but you can check it out for ETP if you are on HEAD and choose subnavbar as your application. Just create pages and you'll see what I mean.

For better documentation: /packages/acs-subsite/www/group-master

Collapse
Posted by Alfred Werner on
Likewise - very cool!
Collapse
Posted by Peter Marklund on
Hmm, yeah, Bookmarks is supposed to be package scoped, however there seems to be a bug (at least in PG) that makes it not be so at the moment. The scoping is supposed to come from the root_folder_id. I notice that different package instances indeed have different root_folder_ids but yet the bookmarks are shared. The index page query is quite involved and it's not obvious to me what's wrong with it.
Collapse
Posted by Peter Marklund on
Malte,
a problem with the admin link is that it currently will float over the text on some of the pages. At least in my Mozilla on windows. Not sure what the right fix for this is, but why not move it up to where the other links are?
Collapse
Peter, the right fix for this is to enlarge your browser window :). I'll have a look at why it does a break despite the fact that we still have space, must be somewhere in the CSS, maybe Lars knows a quick fix (as I've been taking his code in the first place).