Forum OpenACS Q&A: outer join in content sections

Collapse
Posted by Babak Ashrafi on
Here is more porting to postgres in content sections. How come there is no module link for content-sections or custom-sections in the sdm? Looking around the openacs and acs forums for info on content sections makes me wonder if this module is about to be deprecated in favor of the new publishing modules in 4.0. Is that right? Are other folks trying to use custom sections in openacs?

In any case here is the port of the outer join in www/admin/content-sections/link.tcl in openacs 3.2.2.

Collapse
Posted by Ben Adida on
thanks for the fix! There is no ulterior motive to unported queries: those are simply bugs. Don't hesitate to report them in the SDM.
Collapse
Posted by Babak Ashrafi on
The previous link is to the explanation of the changes. I forgot to put the link to the new version of link.tcl
Collapse
Posted by Alex Sokoloff on
Does anyone know if custom sections work in any version of ACS and, if so, what happens when they do work? I spent some time tyring to get custom sections working in ACS classic 3.3, without much luck. I found the spec baffling, in that it wasn't clear what URL I should go to to actually create a custom section. All the choices suggested in the spec didn't seem to work.