Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to configing new-ticket with something like domain-edit.tcl

Have been digging a little more.  the bottome of issue-new-2.tcl has the code to send email after new ticket creation.  here is the code...

#send out the email

set ticket_email [ticket_reply_email_addr]
set extra_headers [ns_set create]
ns_set update $extra_headers "Reply-to" $ticket_email

if { $notify_p == "t" } {

set selection [ns_db select $db "select
email as notify_email
from users, ticket_assignments
where project_id = $project_id
and users.user_id = ticket_assignments.user_id
"]

while { [ns_db getrow $db $selection] } {
        set_variables_after_query
        ns_sendmail $notify_email $email "New issue $one_line in project $project_title (TR#$new_id)" "Priority: $priority
Submitted By: $name
Description: $message

Please use $url/issue-view.tcl?msg_id=$new_id to manage this issue." $extra_headers
        ns_write "<br> Emailed $notify_email"

So the "set selection" builds a select statement on two tables and the one table "ticket_assignments" in my database is empty, so this statement returns 0 rows.

Next, the while statement loops through the "rows" returned from the above metioned select statement and invokes ns_sendmail.  Since my "ticket_assignments" table has no rows, the select statement has no rows for the while statement to work on hence no emails to my team members.

My ticket_projects has default_assignee assigned for the project so shouldn't the "ticket_assignments"  table have some entries?

Again, sage advice most welcome.

P.S. I getting the feeling this is a configuration issue.

thanks again

david