Forum .LRN Q&A: dotlrn.org

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Who is currently working on the website http://www.dotlrn.org. I know there has been talk about a new version of the site, but nothing happend (as far as I can see). It would be great to get this up soon, so I can point to dotlrn.org when I'm talking about OpenACS and .LRN at an event in Switzerland middle of the month.
Collapse
2: Re: dotlrn.org (response to 1)
Posted by Rafael Calvo on
Malte
I have tried to maintain the case studies section.
I will be updating it again next week.

If you need me to add something, let me know

Collapse
3: Re: dotlrn.org (response to 1)
Posted by Alfred Essa on
Malte, I need to talk to Carl but I would like to launch with the new dotlrn web site this weekend. The current site is static html and difficult to maintain. The new web site is OACS/.LRN. Here is the dev site if you want a preview. The content at the site is being updated as we speak. Suggestions from the community are welcome.
Collapse
4: Re: dotlrn.org (response to 3)
Posted by Alfred Essa on
Here is the URL:  http://ssmhpblade2.mit.edu/
Collapse
5: Re: dotlrn.org (response to 1)
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Launching the site around the 2.0 release is the plan (with a little luck we will have the new dotlrn.org site running on .LRN 2.0).

The goal is to run it off a stock .LRN install and upgrade as new releases come out.

Will be using the edit-this-page package for the content that is up now so it can be easily edited using a web browser.

Collapse
6: Re: dotlrn.org (response to 5)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I'm not sure about the current release plan, but if we follow the guidelines written by Joel, aren't we at least one month away from a release ?

Would it not make sense to migrate the site now to .LRN 2.0 (current CVS checkout) and upgrade to the release once it is out. Obviously you should only do this if the packages will be upgradeable from the current checkout to the new release. But I assume this is a valid assumption to make, especially as some universities are already running a .LRN 2.0 installation which they want to upgrade once the release is out.

Collapse
7: Re: dotlrn.org (response to 4)
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
Hey, put the Galileo University information for Latin America Countries "Contact Info"...!!! to who should I email it?