Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Has anyone installed HEAD on Postgresql 7.4.1?

Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
Hey Dave,

I just tried a HEAD install on 7.4.1 and got an error further into my install. I get 2 errors on my attempt:

[05/Feb/2004:21:57:40][14775.65541][-conn:openacs-4::1] Error: Error sourcing /home/vinod/web/openacs-4/packages/acs-tcl/tcl/site-nodes-init.tcl:
Selection did not return a value, and no default was provided
    while executing
"db_string get_root_node_id {}"
    (procedure "site_node::init_cache" line 2)
    invoked from within
"site_node::init_cache"
    (file "/home/vinod/web/openacs-4/packages/acs-tcl/tcl/site-nodes-init.tcl" line 11)
    invoked from within
"source $__file "
and then:
[05/Feb/2004:21:58:08][14775.65541][-conn:openacs-4::1] Error: apm_package_install: Error installing Reference Data - Timezone version 5.0.0: psql:ref-timezones-create.sql:80: ERROR:  function acs_reference__new("unknown", "unknown", "unknown", "unknown", timestamptz) does not exist
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need to add explicit type casts.
Despite those errors, the installation succeeds and I'm able to login to my server.

I'm wondering if the code that you have is really HEAD. You mention seeing the phrase "Installing ACS Kernel", but my installation only displayed the phrases " Installing the OpenACS kernel data model..." and "Installing Kernel 5.1.0d1". Unless you were just paraphrasing 😊

Collapse
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
Vinod, the problem you saw still indicates that the dependencies are not working - ref-timezone.info lists acs-reference as a required package, and yet it is not installed prior to attempting ref-timezone install.