Forum OpenACS Q&A: Openacs.org on new server!

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Openacs.org and cvs.openacs.org are moved to the new servers!

Thanks to Carl Blesius, Michael Steigman, Deds Castillo, and Patrick Giagnocavo from zill.net for their work in setting up the new hardware.

Thanks for Furfly for many years of service hosting!

Collapse
Posted by Steve Manning on
I'm getting an error installing from the repository. Its using the https://openacs.org/repository/5.3/ url which seems to be returning a "not found". Has this been migrated to the new server?

- Steve
Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Yes the repository files should have be moved over. Thanks for letting us know, I'll check it out.
Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
There are still a few loose ends that we will be fixing over the next few days. I was just doing some testing and discovered that openacs.de is pointing to the old server. Malte is listed as admin and needs to point it to the new IP: 206.192.23.163 (hope you are reading Malte). Are there any other openacs.xx tlds that need to be updated?
Collapse
Posted by Michael Steigman on
Heads up: I'm going to be taking cvs.openacs.org down briefly at 11 EDT tonight to make a change to the VM config. It should only be down for a few minutes.
Collapse
Dave

Any news on this, it still doesn't appear to be working?

- Steve

Collapse
Sorry to be the bearer of more bad tidings but since the change over it appears that the reply-to address on the forum notifications is wrong e.g.

Reply-To: openacs.orgm <ailer mailto:notification-1630948-2960@openacs.org>;

- Steve

Collapse
This is the Reply-To (with some spam bot protection) that I get from this message:

Reply-To: openacs.org mailer <notification-1631343-2960[at]openacs[dot]org>

What is the problem? Can you clarify?

Collapse
Apologies Carl

You are correct. When I view the mail source the Reply-To looks correct but my MUA (Evolution) is displaying it in the mangled form I mentioned and only on messages since the server move. When I look at the message source on the mail server itself there is a subtle difference between the messages before and after the move:

Before: Reply-To: "openacs.org mailer" <mailto:notification-1605297-2960@openacs...

After: Reply-To: openacs.org mailer <mailto:notification-1631369-2960@openacs...

Obviously Evolution doesn't like the lack of quotes.

- Steve

Collapse
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone for the efforts (and the hosting!).

Here's my experience report:

I can't seem to access the repository (https://openacs.org/repository) or the web cvs browswer (http://cvs.openacs.org/) or cvs via pserver (cvs -z9 -d :pserver:mailto:anonymous@cvs.openacs.org:/cvsroot co openacs-4).

cvs via ssh works a treat though.

And the server is nice and fast!

Cheers,

Mark.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
We didn't forget about this!

The cvs browser was not setup due to configuration issues on the cvs server. I am looking into it.

The repository was gone because we forgot to install cvs to use when building the repository nightly.

I am fixing that now also.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Repository is fixed. It should be rebuilt nightly now.
Collapse
Posted by Michael Totschnig on
pserver access is still not working. is there currently another way of accessing the cvs repository anonymously?
Collapse
Posted by Brian Fenton on
Wow, much faster! Well done everyone.
Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Pserver access to cvs is working now.
Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
I added the quotes. I am not sure what happened when we moved the code over. It should be working ok now.
Collapse
It is indeed.

Thanks Dave & Co for all your effort with this move.

Collapse
I am happy to hear it is faster despite us taking a hit for running both cvs and www in virtual machines.