Forum OpenACS Q&A: Associating a ticket tracker with a project

How do I set up a ticket tracker with a project or customer? Neither
seem to work, and I don't see a place to do this in /admin/ug
Hi Jade, the answer seems to lie in what group you belong to. I think you have to be an administrator for that project group. I know you've been responding to my call for a list of what groups people need to belong to. This is exactly why I started that.

So, play around with the groups that are related to the project you want to create the tracker for.

Scott

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
I am the administrator for the project I want to set up the ticket tracker for. I'm also the site-wide administrator. Have you got this work?
Hi Jade,

Yes I have it working. I am the site-wide administrator too.

Make sure you are an administrator of the Intranet. Also, look in the Teams group. You should be an administrator (as opposed to member) of the group for which you wish to create a ticket.

I also have a number of people who are nnot site-wide admins who can add tickets, create trackers, etc... That is going to be the true value for me. I don't want to have to do all of the administrative work.

I'd like to see some sort of matrix made to let everyone know what groups are needed for which tasks. Maybe I'll start working on something like that.

Good luck Jade! Let us know if you get it all figured out.