Forum .LRN Q&A: What happens to .exe files after uploading and downloading them in LRN?

Hi all
Does anybody know why when after uploading an windows executable file with .exe extension and then downloading it in LRN the exe extension dissapears and windows cannot recognize it as an executable. The downloaded file has to be renamed from file to file.exe to work. Other files like msword txt etc. work fine. Thanks in advance

I tried also renaming the file.exe as file.exe.exe and then to upload it, it does not work...

I think this has to do with the extensions enabled in file-storage in your installation. I'm not a guru there, so maybe someone else could pitch in quickly ?
In the download package, the download was originally invoked as an http GET.  I had to change it to a POST to get IE to keep the extension.
ah ! interesting, so you found the problem being in IE,
however since we are on the topic, can you explain me please how did you change the method, was it a matter of clicking a button or something more sophisticated...thanks in advance !!!
Yes, with the download package I found the problem with IE.  It was a simple change, I changed the form action from GET to POST in packages/download/www/download-verify.adp.