Forum OpenACS Development: Re: POST Method can be broken when using host node map

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
I am confused.

If you post to the host-node mapped URL it should "just work". There should not be any redirects on post to a different URL.

Do you have forcehostp parameter set to 1? If you are using host node map, that needs to be turned off.

Collapse
Posted by Eduardo Santos on
Actually it doesn't work.

You see, all the checks and URL's in the host-node mapped subsite are relative to itself. If you have, as an example, a page called /subsite/add-edit, the user will see the add-edit link only, but the real URL is /subsite/add-edit. The form action attribute, in that case, will have the full URL (/subsite/add-edit) and it's going to post to it. When the form is reloaded and rendered, it's going to have the add-edit link only, and the vars that were posted to /subsite/add-edit will be lost.

It also happens in the confirm-template page at acs-templating and many other places, such as register page. The first solution I thought was to parse the vars in the request, as the above patch shows, but it fails if you have a big form. So I ran out of ideas.