Forum OpenACS Development: Bugtracker-Logger Integration

Collapse
Posted by dave hill on
I've just put together a limited and rough, but working, modification of bugtracker that optionally integrates logger.  It's hours away from being releasable, and I won't have those hours for a while.  But it could save someone a lot of time in a better integration effort.  It's based on HEAD from Feb 1st.  What's the best way to submit this code, a patch or contrib?

Primarily, it allows you to a-v-e entries mapped to a bug, and then view the totals as a column in the list view, with time and person filters that apply just to the logger totals.  This allows you to see who's been spending what time on which tasks, and you can drill down to the entries page for more details.

Since I forgot to commit separately, this mod also includes the ability for patches to be binary files and have their own pretty name, so that the client can attach docs, screenshots and comps to tasks.  Basically, I was replacing what they missed about FogBugz.

Collapse
Posted by Peter Marklund on
Dave,
this sounds very interesting. I think you should upload your changes as a patch to the Bug Tracker.

Thanks!

Collapse
Posted by dave hill on
OK, will do.  For clarity, I'll wait a couple days until I merge them with the latest HEAD.