Forum OpenACS Development: Is ns-rewrite AOLserver module needed by OpenACS?

Is anyone aware of any OpenACS code that uses nsrewrite? I know it was recommended way back for ACS 4, but I haven't compiled it in a long time, and haven't run into any OpenACS issues. Do we need to tell people to use nsrewrite?
Collapse
Posted by Tom Jackson on

I added documentation and examples and checked in the code to the AOLserver cvs repository. Unfortunately it isn't available as a download. I have a copy of the package at http://zmbh.com/nsrewrite/.

I'm not aware of anyone using it.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Tom,

I saw your documentation. Its very good. I actually have a need for that exact feature in the WebDAV support package, I solved it another way.

I grepped the OpenACS HEAD source and there were no instances of ns_rewriteurl. It doesn't look like it is required for OpenACS and would remove one dependency from an OpenACS install.

Collapse
Posted by Tom Jackson on

Dave,

Good idea. This is a great function if anyone wants to write a new request processor or do virtual hosting. That is the only reason I spent the time to do the documentation. But the dependency should be removed. I haven't installed nsrewrite in a very long time.