Forum OpenACS Development: Re: danger: HEAD changed for TIP#42,43 - could be unstable

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
It's dying now because acs_objects and the content_repository both have "title" columns, and the composite view built for a content type dies in PG, at least, because of this.  If it's not dying in Oracle ... which of the two titles is being returned in the view?

Timo - I'm not sure what you intend, here.  Are we carrying this around as duplicate information for the time being in CR revision types and objects?  We need to bite the bullet at some point and fix (change) CR-using code to use the object title and remove the revision title but ... when?

I'd rather us get this right even if it causes short-term pain for those with custom packages and even if it slows the release of 5.1 ... those that use content_revision.new() and the generated views should be OK after the change so I'm not sure how extensive the impact will be.

Anyway ... what's your intent here?  I didn't want to just start munging the code without discussion, first.