Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Problem Installing BCMS on 5.0.2

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Steve,

I have committed my notes here

http://cvs.openacs.org/cvs/openacs-4/contrib/packages/bcms-ui-wizard/www/TODO.txt?view=markup

The first part may not be interesting for you.  You can see some changes I have done on bcms, so you can start porting bcms-ui-base to these new changes on bcms.  It may not be fully updated, but its a good start.  On the last part of my notes are the procs I removed from bcms. I suggest to put them on bcms-ui-wizard/tcl.  Change the procname and use bcms::ui::wizard namespace or whichever you want.

Although there will be a few procs from bcms that will then be move to CR.  But its not yet there, I suggest you upgrade bcms-ui-wizard to bcms first.  Only change should only be the tcl proc name.

Yes bcms-ui-wizard will require a bcds.  bcms-ui-base has a bcds integrated in.  But bcms-ui-wizard sticks to be only a admin interface for CR folder it is managing.

Check this docs for better understanding.
http://cvs.openacs.org/cvs/openacs-4/contrib/packages/bcms/www/doc/

If you have bcms installed you can view it on your instance.  On youropenacs/doc/bcms

I am not sure regarding the page_id.  Hmmm I wonder if its a bug on the new wizard code I made.  Can you change your wizard-procs.tcl on acs-templating/tcl to a very old one?  Say oacs 4.5?

I thank you for taking this big challenge of upgrading bcms-ui-wizard.  Read the TODO.txt especially for the api changes that has to do with changing their semantics.  So the upgrade may not be straight forward.

I will try to help as much as possible. Its the least I can do after not yet upgrading bcms-ui-wizard.  Just keep on posting on this thread.  In case I did not reply on your last question.  Email me I might have missed your post.

Collapse
Posted by Steve Manning on
You can see some changes I have done on bcms, so you can start porting bcms-ui-base to these new changes on bcms.

Am I fixing bcms-ui-base as well as ui-wizard now? ;o)

I suggest to put them on bcms-ui-wizard/tcl. Change the procname and use bcms::ui::wizard namespace or whichever you want.

Funnily enough I actually already did this. Great minds think alike.

Yes bcms-ui-wizard will require a bcds.

I have that working now. Could you explain the difference in the two bcds parameters - bcms_root_folder_id and root_folder_id? How are they used by the bcds?

Also, I have changed the call in the bcds default-sidebar template from bcms::folders::list_folders_and_ancesters to bcms::folders::tree_folders. Is this correct?

I am not sure regarding the page_id. Hmmm I wonder if its a bug on the new wizard code I made. Can you change your wizard-procs.tcl on acs-templating/tcl to a very old one? Say oacs 4.5?

I've stepped over this for now. I'll come back to it soon and try that.

I thank you for taking this big challenge of upgrading bcms-ui-wizard. Read the TODO.txt especially for the api changes that has to do with changing their semantics. So the upgrade may not be straight forward.

Yes, I'm beginning to appreciate just how big it is :o)

- Steve