Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Intellum OpenCore

Collapse
6: Re: Intellum OpenCore (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
This looks like it ran originally on an pre-ACS 4x version?  I see no evidence of use of the objects/permissions system or more than a very simple use of the template system (hardwired rather than templated forms, for instance).

I mean no criticism whatsoever, just curious about the heritage.

So far Ernie's work is pretty much all "guts" and no "skin" (UI) from what I've seen thus far so I think your comment above is pretty much right - perhaps your UI work could be combined with Ernie's SCORM stuff and .LRN work.

Thanks an awful lot for sharing this!

Collapse
7: Re: Intellum OpenCore (response to 6)
Posted by Jack Ramsey on
You are correct about migration from pre-ACS 4x and that the package lacks object/permissions system integration. I am new to the object concept in OpenACS and still need some time to digest it. At first glance, it does not look as if it would be overwhelmingly difficult to implement in our package.

As for the template system, I seemed to have missed some of the functionality that should be applied to our package. Is there any documentation for using templates with forms? Also, what other template features do you recommend that I have neglected to use?

Thank you for taking the time to inspect and comment on our code.