Forum OpenACS Q&A: Room Reservation in contrib on CVS

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
I have uploaded the room reservation code and added it to bug tracker.

The Deds Castillo is the primary author with some recent work done by Scott Meeks and myself. It looks like this is going to be an active package and I'm looking forward to seeing the functionality expand to reserving things other then rooms (e.g. equiptment, appointments).

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
How does this compare to the ressouce package that should allow scheduling of various objects ?
Collapse
Posted by Bruno Mattarollo on

Hello Caroline,

Thanks for this package (also to Deds and Scott). I have installed it on my test instance (on my laptop) and I have a small patch already. When you make a reservation for a room, there is a missing argument in the approval for the room when this room has been created to not need approval. This is the patch:

[Bruno-Mattarollos-Computer:room-reservation/sql/postgresql] bruno% cvs diff -c reservations-package-create.sql
Index: reservations-package-create.sql
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/openacs-4/contrib/packages/room-reservation/sql/postgresql/reservations-package-create.sql,v
retrieving revision 1.1
diff -c -r1.1 reservations-package-create.sql
*** reservations-package-create.sql     15 Mar 2004 03:39:30 -0000      1.1
--- reservations-package-create.sql     15 Mar 2004 09:54:59 -0000
*** 64,70 ****
      where room_id = p_room_id;

if (v_approval_needed_p = ''f'') then
!       perform rr_reservations__approve (p_reservation_id, ''Open Policy Room'',p_creation_user);
      end if;

perform acs_object__update_last_modified(p_reservation_id, p_creation_user, p_creation_ip);
--- 64,70 ----
      where room_id = p_room_id;

if (v_approval_needed_p = ''f'') then
!       perform rr_reservations__approve (p_reservation_id, ''Open Policy Room'',p_creation_user, p_creation_ip);
      end if;

perform acs_object__update_last_modified(p_reservation_id, p_creation_user, p_creation_ip);

Thanks again

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
Thanks Bruno,

I'm sure there will be more. This package is not in production anywhere in its current state.  Please put bugs and patches into bugtracker.

Thanks
Caroline