Forum .LRN Q&A: How to setup Dreamweaver MX 2004 for editing a dotLRN system

I'm still a newbit at dotLRN, but I'm not a newbie at Dreamweaver so I figured I'd post this in case anyone else out there needs to know some basics I've figured out. I'd like to contribute to the community, and while I can't do anything at the technical level of you .tcl and .adp gurus, I'll contribute what I can.

Following are the steps for enabling Dreamweaver for working with openACS and .dotLRN:

1) Enable Dreamweaver to edit .adp pages. To do so, go to C:\Documents and Settings\[Your USERNAME]\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver MX 2004\Configuration and open the extensions.txt file. Add ADP as a file extension in the first section before :All Documents. At the end of the file add ADP:AOLServer Pages. Then go to C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Dreamweaver MX 2004\Condiguration\Document Types and edit the file entitled MMDocumentTypes.xml. in the first section for documenttype id="HTML" add ,adp to the end of the winfileextension attribute.

2) Start dreamweaver. Go to Edit Preferences. Add .adp to the Never rewrite code list under Code Rewriting in the Dreamweaver Preferences dialog. Add .tcl to the Open in code view: in the File Types/Editors section.

- Sterling Ledet & Associates, Inc.
Authorized Macromedia training
http://www.ledet.com

Hey, your instructions are quite good, thx!
A few changes needed for MAC, the directories are inside:
/Applications/Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004/*

Also, "Preferences" is under "Dreamweaver" TAB menu (aside the apple)
And then, everything is the same.