Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: .LRN 2.0.3 just needs to be tested

Collapse
Posted by Tracy Adams on
See notes below. I've created some new bugs and put them into the bug tracker. This makes it easier for me to manage because then we can use the bug #'s as a way to track what is open and the bug tracker functionality to manage the process.

You've found some new bugs. The question is do we fix for 2.0.3, which was slated to be a limited release of critical fixes to the 2.0 branch or wait for a more extensive project? In working on the release, it looks like we've started a general cleanup of the homework package, which had a lot of loose ends.

The choices would be:
-- Complete the homework cleanup and then release. This would probably take 2 days to test and fix the complete module.
-- Keep the release limited and work on the rest of the homework bugs after.

a) Homework-portlet:

>>- cr_type_relations are only added, when upgrading from 2.0.2 to 2.0.3...

Curious, so the script ran when you went from 2.0.2 --> 2.0.3 but not when you went from 2.0.1 --> 2.0.3? I'll try the same with Oracle...

I put this in as a new bug- 1712. We need this figured out for 2.0.3.

>- version-add.tcl: When trying to upload a new version of a file (version-add.tcl), homework_file_id is null, which results in an error message.

I just verified in both 2.0.2 and 2.0.3. I put in a new bug - 1713.

>download links in folder-chunk.tcl, used in dotlrn-homework-portlet in class home and homework-folde:

This works with Oracle. Here is one place to check because I had that problem with Oracle for a while. Check the query in folder-chunk-postgres.sql and make sure that something is returned for the title.

This is bug 1068. Can you please make notes in the bug tracker? This bug was on the original list for 2.0.3 so we need this fixed.

>- Show all versions: When showing all versions, download of each file points to location of oldest version.

This is new bug 1714.

> notifications:
Notifications messages like on new comments included some source code like characters. E.g.:

This is new bug 1715. This would be level 4 in severity (Cosmetic) and I'd suggest not holding up the release for this.

>Context-bar includes an untranslated "<span>#</span>dotlrn.classes_pretty_plural#"
I think, this problem is not related in dotlrn-homework

This is new bug 1716.