Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Icons for OpenACS

Collapse
4: Re: Icons for OpenACS (response to 1)
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Before we start on the "replace occasions of pure text with icons bit" I would like to see a clean up of "action" links (e.g. Upload, Delete, Join, Register, Remove all stupid smileys in this forum, etc.) in the toolkit (see the action buttons in the new version of file storage). If we think about it before we do it we might even be able to use some css magic in the future to replace text with images without making the toolkit harder to use for those that may not see as well as you and I or just like using lynx (I say this ignoring the i18n problem Jeff brings up above).
Collapse
5: Re: Icons for OpenACS (response to 4)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Using the alt property correctly should not only bring us the popup and internationalization (if we have an internationlized alt tag), but also make it readable on any browser like lynx and accessible for blind people.

On the other hand, I did not realize your problem exists, so it might be worthwhile to investigate this first.

Collapse
7: Re: Icons for OpenACS (response to 4)
Posted by Alfred Werner on
On the same lines - I ran into quite a few redundant but slightly different worded links when I was helping translate ..

For example, if I remember correctly - dotLrn had

add user
add a user
user - Add

etc..

A good place to look for fixing action links would be in the english language keys to find ambiguous or alternate actions.