Forum OpenACS Development: Re: .LRN user interface design

Collapse
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
I love it!

I like Dave's comments, but the info text is redundant by your third visit. What could be nice would be a little [i] logo in the top right of the portlet title bars - these would  open a popup (or better, a popup-like hidden div) of the aforementioned info text).

Similarly, a hep icon could be next to the [i] to provide a context help popup. I think help is a major missing factor in our .LRN designs in general.

Also,there are a lot of "My Space" strings! Can we assume that the smaller (and upper) "My Space" String is actually the breadcrumb? If not, where does the breadcrumb go? It's an important part of our navigation, and mitigates some of the concerns raised by Matthias

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I like this, though I can only second Mark in the number of my space. Is there a need for the larger "My Space" on top of "My space home"? I assume you want to put the name of the community there, but I'm not so sure if this is really necessary (if, by default, we call the first tab "<community_name> home"). If the small "My Space" *below* SloanSpace is the breadcrumb, great. Otherwise I'd suggest to put it there. Not sure what you want to use the "My Space" for in the header, though...

All I all, considerable improvement and looks really nice. And if you make sure that we can change the colors site wide easily by some parameter (or in a master CSS file), it would be even greater.