Forum OpenACS Q&A: WebDAV - Windows error while OpenACS permissions setup

Has anyone encountered the problem that Windows complains when you upload a file through the network place. Windows returns "An error occurred copying some or all of the selected files." But the file is still uploaded and works. The error message is more of a nuisance. I have traced the problem to OpenACS permissions. I discovered that when I map to a folder in the file-storage and copy a file over the error occurs. When I create create the a folder $server/www/tdav/shares/gary on the file-system and map to the directory the file copy work fine but does not have OpenACS permissions, so I created a subsite under the site-map call \tdav and setup the permissions and the error occurred again.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

I think you have an old version of the oacs-dav package.

The problem is a bug in Web Folders. If you do not authenticate when the folder is opened, it does not ask for your password when you try a write operation such as copying a file into the web folder.

So, i disabled anonymous read on the OpenACS WebDAV folders. This means authentication is required to get the directory listing which works around this problem. I added a prameter to turn this off, but it is enabled by default so Web Folders should work.

You should try the latest version on the oacs-5-1 branch in CVS.