Forum OpenACS Development: XCMS-UI, yet another content management user interface.

I checked in a installable working copy of the XCMS-UI package  to head. It is another UI to the content repository. Right now its using hte BCMS package from contrib, but I will be converting it to use the CR Tcl API as soon as that is checked in.

It includes a mostly automated install. The BCMS package still needs to be moved from contrib to packages before it will work.

There is a demo available at http://tdav.museatech.net:8090/ Registered users can admin the XCMS Preview there.

It has just the most basic content features. HTML content (or enhanced text) can be added from a form, or text content can be uploaded. It also supports uploading of images, but no automated way to add those to a page. It supports manual delayed publishing of content, but does not yet support scheduled publishing.

Content templates can be added or edited in the web interface and can be assigned per item.

TODOs include, using future Tcl API for content type definition, using future Tcl API for CR, automated form generation, workflow features. Currently the forms need to be edited to add a new content type. Adding management interface for WebDAV support of content folders.

I built the basis of this in a couple of weeks for a client project. It is mainly a technology preview of what can be done with the content repository.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Oops.

It doesn't work on Oracle. As soon as the Tcl API for the content repository is ready it will be converted and Oracle support can be added.

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi,

I just would like to clarify how xcms, bcms and bcms-ui-base are related.  Please read my post in this thread.

https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=188628

Thanks

Great Dave!

An issue: when mounting the package on the site map

Error Creating Package: The following error was generated when attempting to create the package

couldn't open "/devel/s8002/packages/xcms-ui/lib/sample-index.adp": no such file or directory
There is no file by this name (or even a closely-named file). It looks like the after-mount callback is attempting to read this file.

/R

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Randy,

There is now. I never added it to CVS. Thanks for testing. I should have tested a clean checkout.

Dave

Yes, that error is gone now. Next...

You must be using a newer (at least different) bcms-ui-base. The one I'm using is from contrib and is organized differently than yours.

For example, at http://server/xcms/manage/, selecting Folder and clicking Add New in the Folder Contents section, results in a page displaying:

Enter the folder name which will be part of the url. And the folder label

Add Folder

Error in include template "/devel/s8002/packages/bcms-ui-base/lib/folder-form": No script or template found for page '/devel/s8002/packages/bcms-ui-base/lib/folder-form'
You see that it's looking for lib/folder-form. In my bcms-ui-base, there is no folder-form*. In fact, there is no bcms-ui-base/lib directory. I do have a folder-form.tcl in bcms-ui-base/resources.

/R

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Its not using bcms-ui-base at all.

The paths are wrong. Everything is under xcms-ui.
I'll fix those.

Dave

OK. Post when you're ready and I'll give it another try.

/R

It seems that it's not possible to use xcms-ui with oacs-5-1. Is this true? I am asking because xmcs-ui depends on categories 1.0d4, and categories asks for acs-kernel 5.2.0d2.
Collapse
Posted by xx xx on
Dave I just checked out acs-core and xcms-ui from HEAD. It seems there are still several errors.

I encountered a missing a named parameter, an error referencing bcms-ui, and a "Form add-item does not exist" error

Form add-item does not exist
    while executing
"error "Form $id does not exist""
    invoked from within
"if { ! [info exists elements] } {
      error "Form $id does not exist"
    }"
    ("uplevel" body line 7)
    invoked from within
"uplevel {
    set level [template::adp_level]

upvar #$level $id:elements elements $id:properties properties 
    upvar #$level $id:properties for..."
    (procedure "get_reference" line 2)
    invoked from within
"get_reference"
    (procedure "template::form::render" line 2)
I looked at the preview at http://tdav.museatech.net:8090 but when I try to view the pages it gives me a "File not found" message.

Are you still working on xcms-ui, or anybody else? Are there any bug fixes that you could commit?