Forum OpenACS Development: Portlets / Portal default configuration

Hi everyone,

I almost finish the evaluation package, we are just testing it, but I have a couple of questions:

I integrated the package with dotlrn (I created the two packages evaluation-portlet and dotrln-evaluation) and created two portlets for my package, but it would be nice if, when installing the applet for the evaluation package in one class, the portlets were set in their own page, AND, when I install the evaluation applet, the portlets are set in the user space too, but I only want to display them in the community space.... can anyone tell me what to read in order to do this things? or what package already do it (may be the calendar pckage)? I guess I have to change/add some paremeters in the dotlrn-evaluation apm callback procs... ?

Thanks for your help!

Jopez

Ok,
you should change this param at the dotlrn package:
default_class_instance_applets
and add your SC name implementation (i.e. dotlrn_evaluation).

Notice that it *must* be changed at the APM package parameter, and NOT to the main instance parameter /dotlrn (through the site-map).

Then, for setting it to an specific page, you must add also an specific param, in your case one is: evaluation_assignments_portlet_force_region, and it will be a number which indicates in what page you want to put your applets. (have a look in other portlets)

Remember that this param will be called usually from *-portlet-procs.tcl usually at:
*::add_self_to_page
specifically within this proc:
portal::add_element_parameters \
...\
-force_region [parameter::get_from_package_key \
                                  -parameter "evaluation_assignments_portlet_force_region" \
                                  -package_key [my_package_key]] \ .....

Finally, remember to make your portlet without automount value at the package main information (.info).

Collapse
Posted by Surath Uthaya on
I have followed all the above steps and i can automatically get my portlet in a new page. But, the problem i face now is that, when the portlet gets added to the new page, the page is set to a 2-column layout by default. Is it possible to get the page to be in a 1-column layout.

Thanks for any help

Surath