Forum OpenACS Q&A: Oacs enthousiasts in Greece wanted.

Yes, I know this is not the right place to ask, so forgive me, but it is very lonelly down there. I haven't found a single oacs developer in any of the greek programmers forums that I am visiting.
so, Is there anyone else except me in this part of the world working on oacs?

(the hosting companies I asked don't even know the technology... Asking them to allow me to have an aolserver on one of their servers was like knocking an empty house's door... 😟  )

So, if there is anyone, write to me at mailto:koyan@fisheye.gr
The rest of you, ignore the message.
Thanks, and sorry for spending your time.
Konstantinos

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
This is the perfect place to ask!  Neophytos Demitrious (I've probably misspelled his name) is a Greek OpenACS developer living in Greek Cyprus, remote for meeting in person but someone you can certainly talk to in Greece via the internet...
Collapse
Posted by Neophytos Demetriou on
Thank you Don.

Konstantino, I work and live in Cyprus but my new job requires me to travel to Athens quite often. I would be very happy to meet you in person.

<blockquote>>>
</blockquote>
Asking them to allow me to have an aolserver on one of their servers was like knocking an empty house's door... 😟  )
<<<

Unfortunately that's true, but you can always run your own server.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Hey, there's only one of you rather than a plurality of you, but otherwise I spelled your name right! :)
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Well, almost right :(
Collapse
Posted by Konstantinos Kokkorogiannis on
Thanks Don, Thanks Neophyte

Neophyte,
I don't live in Athens either (I left it a year ago, living now in Kalamata), but I also travel once per month there for work (if I cannot avoid it 😉 )

I guess that we could take the rest off the list. Please contact me at the eml address: mailto:koyan@fisheye.gr

or
Y!: kkoyan
MSN: mailto:kkoyan@yahoo.com

The same counts for whoever else is living in Greece and would like to establish communication.

<blockquote>>Asking them to allow me to have an aolserver
>on one of their servers was like knocking an
> empty house's door... 😟  )
Unfortunately that's true, but you can always run
your own server.
</blockquote>

True, but too expensive.... 😟. I ended up learning php for doing a family site, just for the cost factor....

Be well,
Konstantinos