Forum .LRN Q&A: Creating new locale for Basque language

Hi!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this. If not, please tell me how to proceed.

I want to add a new locale for Basque to the list of supported languages in OACS. I believe I should do it in http://translate.openacs.org/ , but the the thing is that we already have a few packages translated and it would be very tedious having to insert them all one by one. I was wondering if I could send the xml files to someone that could import them via the "Import all messages for this locale" in the UI. The packages we have already translated into Basque are:

acs-authentication
acs-kernel
acs-lang
acs-subsite
acs-tcl
acs-templating
curriculum
file-storage
notifications
photo-album
workflow

Thanks in advance

Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
I've added all of the keys in the zip file you sent me to the translation server.  Two of the keys failed:

lang::message::register - refusing to register message for non-en_US locale eu_ES. The message key photo-album.lt_Displayed_on_the_thum bust be registered in\
en_US first
lang::message::register - refusing to register message for non-en_US locale eu_ES. The message key photo-album.lt_Displayed_when_viewin bust be registered in\
en_US first

because they do not match existing keys in English.  The key names may have been corrupted or you may have added new keys.  Also, the total number of keys created is 832; is this the total on your server?

The catalogs were re-exported and these files are all available in on oacs-5-1 now.  They will be included in OpenACS 5.1.2; I'm not sure which version of .LRN will catch them.

Collapse
Posted by Esti Alvarez on
Thank you very much!

832 messages is the correct number. Now on, we'll try to do the rest of the localization in translate.openacs.org server (which seems to be down right now. I'll check later.)

Thanks again